Wednesday, September 4, 2013





In my last email I was all excited that I had been in the MTC a month. That happens to be a false statement at that time. In my brain I was thinking: four weeks=one month. Well it doesn't. But as of right now, I HAVE actually been here a month. More so actually. To the point of I'm one of the oldest sister hanging around... I'm getting my reassignment this week... and that I'm leaving within the next eight days. What has happened here? What has happened to this month?? I mean I just got here! But no... I have been here a whole month. It's a little sad and a little relieving. I think the next 17 months will fly by considering how quick the first one was and all I did was sit in a classroom all day every day. 

I have no word about my visa. So I'm expecting to be reassigned this week and be heading off into a new U.S. mission come next week. As the visa rumor giver, I will pass on the latest visa situation gossip that I know. Apparently, visas are in short supply because the U.S. only lets so many Brazilians have a visa, so this makes Brazil say that they'll only give out visas to that same amount of Americans. Another little tid but is that the San Francisco consulate (I think that one at least... regardless of the name, the one in California that my paperwork went through) is having problems. So basically no one who goes through that consulate gets their visa, hence why I do not have mine. So that little rumor of more people from Washington get called to Brazil because our consulate goes quicker for us is apparently false. I am the proof of that. However, all hope for other people getting to Brazil is not lost. The Houston consulate is the lucky place to go through. Two elders in my district went through that one and both received their visa this past week and are heading down to Brazil! What a treat for them! I'm so excited for them. They are going to do so much good down there. I'm so excited for them. 


I finally got a picture with Elder Wells. I'm pretty sure he is leaving the MTC tomorrow. That lucky dog. He got here after me and left before me. Oh well. I've learned quite a bit during my time here and I'm thankful for so many of the experiences that I've had. Like last week at Devotional, there was another MTC world wide broadcast and Elder Neil L Anderson came and spoke. It was super cool. And after wards, there was a crazy rain storm with thunder and lighting to the point where they made us stay in for a bit before walking back to the MTC campus and so Elder Anderson went around and shook hands with a bunch of people. I was no where near close to the people he met at the front, but Elder Wells said he was like a row away. That must have been so grand to see him so closely. I however, was seen on the telecaster (is that what the video screen is even called?) by basically ever MTC goer ever because I was in the choir. That was fun. Elder Wangsgaard emailed me saying he saw me. So that was fun. 

A couple of days ago, I left the MTC. My companions and I literally walked out the front gate past the security booth, across the street and down the road. It was the weirdest thing I have ever done here. We had to go pick up a prescription at the BYU health clinic. IT was the weirdest. We seriously just left and no one asked or questioned or anything. We just left like that was the normal thing to do... even though it is the furthest thing from normal. But I did enjoy getting out for a bit. Even though I just really wanted to get back in as soon as I was out. It was fun. 

Here are some pictures from my week. There is the one in the laundromat with Elder Wells and his companion. Awkward mixed gender missionary pictures at it's finest. You think you don't know what to do with your hands in pictures outside of the MTC, just wait till you are in. It just gets bad. Also here is a picture of all of my district. I'll just say they are a motley crew.... with very distinct and interesting personalities. All in all, I think there is only like four of them that I could see myself actually being friends with if I had met all of the outside of the MTC. But that is the goodness of the mission, it brings you into places you normally wouldn't go and to people you normally wouldn't meet and teaches you to love them. And I do love my district. Yes, sometimes I want to strangle almost every single one of them at times... but mostly I've been learning a lot about how to accept and love people based on who they are, not on who I wish they would be. It's been an experience, that's for sure. 

I hope all is well over where you all are. I'm doing great and I'm more than excited to finally be heading out into the field and feel like I'm part of the work I've been called to. I know that I spent the time I needed here at the MTC and I'm ready to go. I'm ready to serve God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment