Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FRUITY Carrie





Hello from Brazil!
It's a busy place being here. It's fun to see people that actually will talk to you. I like that about here. It's hard though in other ways because LOTS of people like to say they are never at home and busy and stuff but we'll walk by again and they'll be there. It's their way of rejecting us. Which is fine. Rejection with a smile is better than and angry rejection.
I'm pretty short on time right now and there isn't much to tell other than we walk everywhere and already in 2 weeks, one of my pairs of shoes have holes and probably won't last much longer. But oh well, what can ya do? 

There are SO muny kinds of fruits here. and this is one that I had never seen or heard of before. It's called jabuticaba and is sort of kind of like a large circle grape with a giant seed in the middle. I can't decide if I like them or not. Anyway We were walking down the street and they were all over the ground. I asked my companion what they were and kind of slowed down to look and whatnot. She didn't know and we kind of puzzled over them for a second. Then some men across the street who were sitting by a building yelled to us what they were and were like "we'll get you some to try!" So we went over and started talking with one of them while the other ran off and eventually come back with a bag of them. We then had a lesson thing with them on the street and talked a little bit. It was very cool and I'm very good at sharing scriptures in Portuguese. That happens here. Strangers will just sit there and listen to you and pray with you on the street. It is amazing. We are trying to get with them again and teach a real life lesson soon. But it's hard to refind people or contact them when you don't have a phone. But we'll find them again if God needs it to happen. It was a very cool experience.
Hope you all have a great week! Remember to see God in your lives everyday because he is there.
-Sister Damstedt

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally made it to Brazil. I laughed at your "optional" post. Kent totally understands about that. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete