Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week One!

Hey family and friends!
Well I made it past Sunday at the MTC and let me tell you, the MTC is a place like NO OTHER. I love it, I hate it, I can't imagine being any where else.
One fun thing that happens here is dinner at 4, which means I'm starving a couple hours later. I've gone to bed hungry every night. So that's a thing. Also my feet are often swollen. from the sitting and walking that I look like bigfoot. it's great.
Also for my parents, I have two thing: one to worry about, one to not. You don't need to worry about my atendance at BYU in winter 2015, but you do need to worry about my abikity and capacity to be able to attend college. I told you and many others that I would be home in De=cember. This is false. I will not be home till January 27, 2015. So my simple counting skills are shot. I should probably just drop out of college. Mom and dad, can you contact BYU and find out how to extend my defferal?
I love the spirit that is here. We were thrown into Portuguese and had to teach our first lesson the second day. Which was way hard and kinf of awful. This place is crazy like. that. And almost every day since we've taught. I really feel like I've tripled my abilities but coming out with what I had is REALLY helpful. I'm basically a star(; But It's amazing how much more comfortable I am with Port from the 5 days that I've been studying compared to the few months I had learning prior. God is here helping me. This i Know.
I still don't have my visa, sad, but rumor has it they are going faster so fingers crossed. I can't wait to get to Brazil!
I have two companions because there are 5 sisters in my district. Sister Auna and Sister Mapa. I'm white they are Poly. So I'm the odd man out. IT's fun. I want to send pictures but I don't know how.
I'm having a great time.
Please send letters (and mom and dad that package would really make my tummy happier. hint hint. ) because that is the most exciting part of the day.... to see if anyone sent something. Also there is Dear elder. So family figure out that because it is was convenient and so fast and easy. I'd like stuff from anyone really.
I would send pictures but I can't figure it out.
Have a great week and may God be with you and bless you.
The church is true.

-Sister Damstedt

1 comment:

  1. Sister Carrie! I am excited that I found your blog (well your mom posted a link on FB) but still... I can't wait to hear of your Brazilian adventures. I'm assuming you are there till Sept 10?

    ReplyDelete