Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Last New York Email

Well the next email I send will be from Brazil! Isn't that superb?  (BY THE WAY, WE DID HEAR FROM CARRIE AND SHE GOT TO BRAZIL SAFELY). 

I really don't have much to talk about though. The other sisters that we live with had a baptism this weekend. And that was INCREDIBLE. I love that. This man was so in love with the church. He was a miracle that they found. 

It's sad saying goodbye to New York. This really was part of my mission and I met so many people and learned so many things here that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience had I gone to Brazil right away. I'm surprised that I'm leaving this soon but it's slowly sunk in that it's time. Even if it doesn't feel like I'm really leaving the continent today. It's a new and exciting time in my life to be going to Brazil. I don't even know Portuguese. Ha! It's great. I'm so excited for that experience. Well... the fun of it will probably wear of real quick, but it's one thing I'm looking forward to as of right now. 

This is a leaf the size of my face. Literally. We found it in the Sacred Grove when we were at the Temple last week. 

This is the guy who was baptized yesterday. He is a hoot. and we all had a jolly grand time eating at his house all the time. He is the gourmet chef. He is great! 

Well I hope all is well where you are. It's all well in NY and I'm sure it will be in Brazil too! 

Have a magnificent day! 

-Sister Damstedt



No comments:

Post a Comment